Where did the summer go? Can you believe that back-to-school time is already here? It seems like one of the things I hear from other moms every year around this time is how hard it can be to get back into a new routine after a more relaxed schedule all summer. Even friends who track in and out have noted that they usually aren’t quite as focused during summer track-in as they are when August/September rolls around.
This year, we’ve partnered with our friends at Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies to help you bust the back-to school blues and jump into a new year and new routine!
“We’ve discovered after 30 years, as a leading early education provider, the importance of focusing on what a child’s brain is absorbing. This is why we fill each day with lessons from our highly impactful, comprehensive and exclusive curriculum rooted in brain development and STEM education,” said David Vinson, chief executive officer, Kids ‘R’ Kids, Inc. “We can provide your child with a strong educational foundation through hands-on learning experiences and innovative teaching practices paired with a national accreditation. There’s no telling what a child’s future may hold, but we can give your child the best start possible. Kids ‘R’ Kids is the smart choice for a smarter child.”
Kids ‘R’ Kids has come up with some great tips that can help your family ease back into the school year with as little stress for both you and your children as possible.
- Day 5 – It’s Bedtime! Return your child to his or her regular nighttime routine, making sure he or she gets at least eight to ten hours of sleep. Less sleep is directly correlated to a smaller attention span, reduced focus and less self-control.
- Day 4 – Gear Up! Finding the right back-to-school gear can make a big difference in the level of excitement for returning to school. Parents don’t have to break the bank to find practical and fun items that will help ease the transition for any child.
- Day 3 – Mental Prep! To dispel the fear of the unknown, take a “field trip” to school. Remind kids where the cafeteria is, where recess takes place and where he or she will be picked up and dropped off. This will make a child less intimidated and more excited to go back to school.
- Day 2 – Friends! Start talking about the fun that comes with their return to school. Acknowledge that the transition may be hard at first, but it will be fun to see old friends and meet new ones.
- Day 1 – The Big Day Is Almost Here! Tomorrow is the first day of school! Make sure you prep lunch and snacks the night before. Not only will this save time in the morning, but it will also ensure healthy food is in the lunch box. A balanced diet makes a dramatic impact on kids’ brainpower and behavior.
A little advanced preparation will take you (and your child) a long way. Break out the calendar or family schedule and pencil in the 5 Days & 5 Ways countdown. You’ll be glad you did!
Looking for a new school? Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies are now enrolling at their schools nationwide, including several Triangle area locations like RTP, Cary, Morrisville, West Cary, Wake Forest and Clayton. With a nationally awarded curriculum, Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies provides early education and care for children from six weeks through 12 years of age at its nearly 160 schools located in 16 states across the country.
The company’s proprietary First Class Curriculum™ is designed specifically for every developmental stage of education with theme-based units, specific learning activities and teacher-friendly lesson plans. Last year, Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies unveiled its new STEAM AHEAD® curriculum, an integrated project-based curriculum for preschool students, ages three to five, which incorporates more science, technology, engineering, art, and math into everyday learning through play.
For more information, or to enroll your child at a Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy, please visit KidsRKids.com or call 770-279-7777.