We are just a few days away from Bloom – an event for new and expecting moms sponsored by WakeMed North Family Health & Women’s Hospital and Davis Family Chiropractic. Our 3rd annual Bloom event kicks off Mother’s Day weekend on Saturday, May 12th from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at WakeMed North Women’s Hospital in Raleigh. Bloom is a national event celebrated across all City Moms Blog Sister Sites to provide a morning of pampering, education, support, giveaways and lots of fun to moms – it’s a time to celebrate motherhood!
(Bloom is ticked event. Visit our Eventbrite and Facebook Event Page to learn more.)
Here is what makes Bloom in Raleigh such a special event that you don’t want to miss:
An Expert Panel Q&A Session
This session with our Title Sponsors WakeMed North Family Health & Women’s Hospital and Davis Family Chiropractic provides a safe and supportive atmosphere where moms can have all their questions answered from birthing options, breastfeeding, pregnancy, chiropractic care, choosing a pediatrician, postpartum care or any question you have been dying to ask…these experts are here to listen and help.
This 30 minute Q&A is a highlight of our event and is offered at 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. In addition, The Mayton Inn is giving away one one-night stay at their luxurious boutique hotel to one lucky mama that attends one of these Q&A sessions – we’re thinking Babymoon, mamas!
Meet the Experts below:
Dr. Kennedy is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology with clinical interests in infertility and high-risk obstetrics as well as minimally-invasive and robotic-assisted surgery. She completed her residency in OB/GYN at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Dr. Kennedy earned her medical degree from the Texas Tech Health Sciences Center School of Medicine in Lubbock. She is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the American Medical Association.
Dr. Alisha Davis is a Tarheel and received her undergraduate degree from UNC and then her doctorate degree from Life Chiropractic College in 1998. Dr. Davis is married to Marc and has two teenagers! Dr. Davis chose to further her degree and received her Diplomate in Pediatrics and Pregnancy care from the Academy of Family Chiropractic Practice in 2011. She is currently one of four doctors in NC with her Diplomate degree. Dr. Davis has been practicing in Raleigh for almost 20 years and opened Davis Family Chiropractic in the fall of 2012. Her passion is providing chiropractic care to families of all ages but her specialty and passion is taking care of pregnant women and children in the Raleigh community. Learn more about Dr. Davis and her passion for pregnancy and pediatric HERE.
Businesses and Services Just for Mom & Baby
We’ve joined hands with local businesses and services that specifically are here to take care of new and expecting moms. From health and wellness to boutiques to party planners and more our Bloom Table Sponsors are each excited to mingle with new moms and share how they make the journey of motherhood a little easier.
Did we mention that each Bloom attendee will receive their special Bloom Passport to be stamped for a chance to increase their chances to win some amazing giveaways? Lots of fun!
WakeMed North Family Health & Women’s Hospital , Davis Family Chiropractic , The Flourish Market, Elzee Photography, Blooming Baby 3D/4D Ultrasound, Juggle, Birth & Beyond Doula Services, Mommy PT, Fit4Mom Midtown Raleigh, Velvet Bee, Keep Collective, Impact Family Chiropractic, Buy Buy Baby, Be True Baby, British Swim School, Two the Tee Party Planners, Britax, NVision Vitality, DoTerra Essential Oils, BabyKixx, Carolinas Cord Blood Bank, The Well-Carried Child, Kids First Pediatrics, and Peace In Place.
Pampering and Fun
Bloom is a celebration and pampering for new and expecting moms and there is a list of activities for attendees to expereince and enjoy. Visit our Bloom Page to learn more and take a look at the preview below:
- Mother’s Day Flowers for Moms sponsored by WakeMed North Family Health & Women’s Hospital – Every mom will receive a complimentary Mother’s Day flower from WakeMed.
- Strength & Stretch Session w/ Fit4Mom Midtown Raleigh – Dress comfy (Yoga pants are always welcomed!), bring a towel or fav yoga mat and take part in a 30-minute Fit4Mom class. These sessions start at 9:30 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. (Attend one session and receive a raffle ticket to increase your giveaway entries!)
- Mini-in-Chair Massage from Skin Sense sponsored by WakeMed North Family Health & Women’s Hospital. Moms can take a break from it all and enjoy a short in-chair massage.
- Cravings Bite Station with Nothing Bundt Cakes, Larry’s Coffee, The Mad Popper, Grillo’s Pickles and the cafe at WakeMed North Family Health & Women’s Hospital. Attendees will enjoy small bites ranging from sweet, salty, savory to sour – all those cravings options moms might have during pregnancy.
- Baby Bump Photo Booth with Elzee Photography – Enjoy a baby bump or mama photo with local newborn and family photographer, Elzee Photography. See Elzee Photography’s feature in our Guide to Raleigh-area Photographers.
- Eyebrow Waxing with Velvet Bee Wax &Studio – Don’t have time to get those brows done?!? Velvet Bee is treating Bloom attendees to a complimentary eyebrow waxing treatment.
- Mothers’ Nursing Lounge sponsored by Grow Eco Baby. – Although, Bloom is a kid-free event young nursling are always welcomed. A relaxing Mothers’ Nursing Lounge will be opened that will give moms that quiet time with their little one when having to take a break during the morning.
- Diaper Drive with Charity of Choice Partner Diaper Bank of NC – Help us cover bottoms! Attendees can donate diapers (opened packages welcome, size 5 needed), wipes, and feminine hygiene products to go the Diaper Bank of NC serving families in need. For a donation, attendees will receive 3 additional raffle tickets.
Swag Bags and Giveaways
What makes Bloom so special? The tremendous amount of giveaways and swag bags filled to the rim. We are always so grateful to our Bloom partners that provide a generous amount of items or giveaways that cater to baby and mom. Bloom ticket holders automatically receive raffle tickets and can earn more raffle tickets by completing their Bloom Passport with each visit to a Table Sponsor, attending the Fit4Mom Strength & Stretch Session and donating items to our Diaper Drive
Take a peek at what’s inside those swag bags HERE. Visit our Bloom Page and these partners below that are treating moms.
Britax, Athleta, Velvet Bee, Stylish Living of Apex, Stuck on You, Read With Me – A Children’s Art & Book Shop, Stasher, PinUp Studio NC, Pediped, Mombie Coffee, MAM, Luna Blu Mar, Go Sili, Fridababy, Ergo Pouch, doTerra Essential Oils, Designed for Joy, Costco, Covered Goods , Citi Babies, Carolinas Cord Blood Bank, Camp Castle, Babies On The Move, b.box, Moon & Lola, Cultivate What Matters, The Flourish Market, SnickerDoodles, GoGo Squeeze, Milkful, Rise Buddy, Water Wipes, UPPAbaby, June & January, Bug Soother, Water Wipes, Read With Me A Children’s Book & Art Shop, Kiinde, The Mad Popper, Shower Me With Love, The Flying Dandelion, Infant Swim Resource
Get your cell phones charged and ready. Lots of selfies and photos with friends are always taken at Bloom. This year Balloonz and Two the Tee Party Planners are providing some fun decor that will be the perfect backdrop to your Instagram or Facebook pic. Hashtag your phoots #RMBBloom18 so we can follow along!
Lineup of FUN – Bloom Schedule
Visit our Bloom Page and Facebook Event Page to stay up to date on all things to Bloom. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram (@RaleighMomsBlog) where we love to give you the behind-scenes-look into Bloom, all things motheood and our favorite events and places around town!