Prior to having my daughter, I was a self-professed makeup enthusiast. I could spend 30 minutes perfecting a well-blended smokey-eye and winged liner was my go-to. But now, working from home and chasing my toddler around, I don’t have time to do a full face of makeup, so I do what I call my “5-Minute Face.” This fits into my busy schedule and allows me to feel more put together and ready for the day!
The Five-Minute Face
Here are my tips for achieving the 5-Minute Face:
- Use a BB cream or a hydrating liquid foundation just to even out your complexion. I’ve been using this Pro-Glow Foundation by L’OREAL and it is on point!
- Concealer! Especially if you’ve been lacking in the sleep department. You can definitely skip the concealer if you don’t feel like you need it.
- Apply a good mascara to help your eyes look more awake and defined. My favorite mascara is this one by Tarte!
- Pop on some blush to give your face some nice color.
- Define your eyebrows, they frame the face. You can use a powder, a pencil, or a pomade. I personally love the Anastasia of Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade.
- Apply a hydrating tinted lip balm or lipstick. I like Mac’s lipstick in the color “Syrup” for the fall/winter months.
Now, with all that being said, when I have the extra time to spend on getting ready, I still enjoy winged liner and a well-blended eye-look, and don’t forget some highlighting and contouring action!
I think it is all about finding what works best for you and your schedule and also what makes you feel good. For me, applying minimal makeup can make me feel more awake and put together even if I don’t leave the house.