Looking for fun ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day with the whole family? Here’s a list of family-friendly events in the Raleigh area. Spoiler alert: lots of daddy and daughter dances!
Friday, February 9th
- Art Buzz Kids: Cupcake Hearts hosted by Wine & Design. Sign the whole family up for this fun kids’ painting class. 2:30pm in Apex. Tickets are $25.
- Family Valentine’s Dance at the Orange County Central Recreation Center. Enjoy refreshments, a DJ, and a professional photo with your kids. 6:00-8:30pm in Hillsborough. Tickets are $8.
- Daddy Daughter Dance at Laurel Hills Community Center. 6:30-8:30pm in Raleigh. Tickets are $15 for residents. The fee includes heavy hors-d’oeuvres, a flower for each daughter and door prizes.
Saturday, February 10th
It’s Time for a Valentine’s Paint Party at the Hanna Andersson store at the Streets of Southpoint Mall. Enjoy a FREE painting party with your bigs and littles and shop the new Hanna Andersson location. * The first 25 customers will receive a special canvas while supplies last, and they’ll be paper to share with everyone following.
- Daddy-Daughter/Mother-Son Dance presented by Cary Ballet Company. Featuring DJ, professional photographer, snacks, and more. 6:30-8:30pm in Cary. Tickets for a couple are $40. Each additional sibling is $12. All proceeds support the dance company.
- Kids Quest/Drop-in for Valentine’s Fun at Artistic Thirst. Take advantage of drop-in hours to make a craft with your child for someone special. 1:00-3:00pm in Raleigh. $10/child.
- Father Daughter Date Night at Color Me Mine. Laid back painting class sure to result in a collaborative masterpiece! 6:00-8:00pm in Cary. Registration is $10.
- Daddy Daughter Dance at I.R. Holmes, Sr. Recreation Center. A fancy night with dancing, cake, and a special keepsake photo and gift. 5:00-7:30pm in Durham. Tickets for residents are $0 for children and $4 for adults.
- Happy Hearts at Marbles Kids Museum. Families can create a Valentine’s Day gift for someone special with Cupid-inspired activities throughout the museum. This event runs until February 14th.
Sunday, February 11th
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Mother Nature at Crowder District Park. Stop by to make a homemade bird feeder and/or a Valentine’s Day card. 2:00-3:00pm in Apex. Fee of $1/person with required registration.
- Valentine’s Heart Cupcakes at Taste Buds Kitchen. Cupcake baking and decorating event for parents and children between 5-8 years old. 10:00-11:00am in Apex. Tickets are $28 for one child and one caregiver.
Monday, February 12th
- Art in the Park: Colorful Valentines at Historic Yates Mill County Park. Get creative with friends at the park center. Make some love bugs and take home your own Valentine tree. For all ages (adult accompaniment is required for all children)Free event. Registration is not required. This event runs until February 14th.
Wednesday, February 14th
- Ties and Tiaras Family Valentine’s Ball at Snickerdoodles. Enjoy a pizza dinner, dancing, a photo booth, and more. 6:00-8:00pm in Raleigh. Tickets are $8.
- Valentine’s Heart Cupcakes at Taste Buds Kitchen. Cupcake baking and decorating event for parents and children between 2-5 years old. 10:00-11:00am in Apex. Tickets are $28 for one child and one caregiver.
- Storytime and Valentine’s Craft at Read With Me: A Children’s Book and Art Shop. Enjoy arts and crafts through paper crafting, mixed media or paints paired with a Valentine’s themed storytime. Suitable for ages 2+. Art activity is $5 (tax included). No registration needed.
Hope you have a great Valentine’s Day weekend celebrating with the ones you love. I plan to spend mine snuggling with my boys – my one-year-old and my thirty-six-year-old!
Remember to check out our Community Events Calendar to stay up-to-date on what’s happening around town.