We’re looking for local moms with a passion for motherhood, who love the Raleigh area and enjoy sharing helpful tips and experiences with other moms. Most importantly who are passionate about building a strong and supportive community of moms as an RMB contributor!
RMB is committed to creating a community where ALL moms feel welcomed at the table and we find it’s a whole lot easier to do that when you can relate to who is already there.
If you’re a SAHM, Working Mama, Multicultural Mama, Bilingual Mama, Single Mama, Mama of tweens & teens, LGBTQ Mama, Blended Family Mama, Adoptive Mama, Foster Mama, Mama of Color, Grandma, Soon-To-Be-Mama and every mom in between we want you!
We’re ready to add to our group of amazing regular contributors, and we’re looking for new local voices to join our team!
Learn more about what it takes to be on our team, and apply today!
What do I get out of this?
- Your photo and bio on the Raleigh Moms Blog Meet Our Team page (with links to your blog, website and/or social media channels if you choose to share them.)
- Access to our Contributors Facebook Group, and access to our internal communications.
- Opportunity to test products for review (to be tested on Raleigh Moms Blog) and attend local events as they become available.
- Access to information and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media and event management.
- Access to pre-sale tickets to Raleigh Moms Blog events (which often sell out quickly).
- Coffee shop meetings, hugs, new friends, playdates and so much more!
- Most importantly the opportunity to meet and bond with other people with varied backgrounds and lifestyles.
Do I need to be a writer?
No! We want people with interesting lives, backgrounds, and perspectives on parenthood. We want people who are hungry to connect to others, who are eager to grow their personal support system, and who believe in the motto, “better together”. We can train you on blogging! We do expect you to have access to Facebook and be a prompt communicator.
What is expected of me?
- Submit one *fresh and unique* blog post a month (ideally 400-800 words long). (We do not accept previously published content.)
- Have internet
- Be on Facebook (for team communication and social engagement)
- Commit to us for 6 months starting August 20th, 2018
- Be comfortable with social media and tech, generally.
- A passion for moms, kids, and the Raleigh area.
- Available for quarterly in-person meetings and online contributor meetings, and attend one blog event and our annual BLOOM event held in the Spring.
- An active presence on social media.
- Reliability, team-spirit, flexibility and a great attitude.
Do you give me topics, or do I come up with them on my own?
We have a calendar with topics you can use if you’re stuck, or you can ask our team for ideas, OR you can bring your own (we are flexible).
What do I write about?
We do ask that our posts focus on parenthood, partnership, mom life, friendship, and of course the Raleigh area (not necessarily all of those in every post, but at least one of them!).
Okay…How do I apply?
Woohoo! We LOVE this question. Application is super simple, all online, and linked below. This year, we are asking that all applicants include a previously unpublished blog post or written piece for us to review as your sample (you can include more if you want, but one is required). If you are invited to join the team, and choose to do so, we will use this first piece as your submission for September (so you are able to hit the ground running!).
Your sample should be:
- between 300-800 words (less is more!)
- topical to parenthood/Raleigh-area living
- original to you, meaning you are the author. Please keep copyright infringement laws in mind.
Applicant Deadline:: August 14TH, 2018!
You will be notified of our receipt of your application with an email from “citymomsblog.com”.
All applicants will be notified of their status on August 18th, 2018