Egg hunts, baskets, and chaos – oh my! Pretty soon the Easter Bunny will be hopping into houses and leaving fun-filled Easter baskets for kiddos. If you’re anything like me, the thought of your child diving into chocolate and sugar candies first thing in the morning is enough to leave you exhausted. Not to mention the pure sugar rush one can get from a single Peep. Those suckers are lethal. Here are a few ideas for Easter baskets that don’t involve candy and can be adjusted to fit any age.
5 Fun Candy-Free Ideas for Easter Baskets
- Book Themed Easter Baskets – Books, books, books. My son loves to read and will sit for hours looking at and reading books. Grab a few board books or lift-the-flap books for the younger kiddos and early chapter books for young elementary kids. If your child doesn’t have their own library card, maybe get one in their name and add that in also.
- Outdoor Themed Easter Baskets – Grab some sidewalk chalk, bubbles, a jump rope, some plastic gardening tools, a hula hoop, and a bug catcher/butterfly net. You could even add in a fun sprinkler toy or slip-n-slide for the ultimate day outside.
- Beach or Pool Themed Easter Baskets – Make a personalized beach bucket or bag and add in sand and water toys, a beach towel, plastic sunglasses, a beach ball, flip flops or Crocs, and a fun water bottle.
- Art Themed Easter Baskets – Got a future Picasso in the family? Crayons, markers, paints, coloring books, construction paper, and a cute art smock are all good ideas.
- Sports Themed Easter Baskets – Any sport your child loves comes with a variety of things they need. Balls, gloves, cleats, shin guards, goggles, helmets, and pads. Add these to a fun sports bag and voila!
A few other things I recommend as extras are pajamas, stuffed toys, gift cards, board games or card games, stickers/tattoos, playdoh, Matchbox cars, Legos, DVD’s, and anything and everything from the dollar section at Target. Seriously, it has everything.
Hopefully, these give you some ideas to fill those baskets. Besides, who wants Cadbury Creme Eggs or Peeps anyway?! I’ll save those for myself. I love those suckers!